Being a student is one of the best thing ever that we should always embrace it in our life. You know, after graduated, you need to get a job, which, job never will be the same thing as being a student. I love study, I love myself being surrounded by those assignment (tho, it's a pressure when we have to meet datelines), went to multiple trips (for education purpose) and many more other wonderful things being a student.
I'm thinking to share with you, my wondrous things as a student. I have mentioned before in one of my post, I am fast-track student, which mean, I skip my diploma, to do my degree. I did my diploma for only 3 semester in UiTM Lendu, Melaka and start my degree in UiTM Shah Alam.
Frankly, when I start my degree, I wasn't happy at all. I was pressure for the whole first semester of my degree, which I didn't do well.
- I have to start my degree in semester one, while my friends from other course, they get to start in semester two.
- Seeing the list of subjects that I need to sit for the whole freaking 3 years, makes me FREAK OUT!
- I keep questioning myself - Can I get through all this madness? Can I really do it? Why do I choose to do fast-track?
- First years? I didn't do that well. I hate going to school. I didn't really concentrate on my study. It was so hard to struggle every single day, to face those things that I really didn't like.
- I know nothing about the course that I take. I was lost.
- My classmates are one or two years older than I am. So, I was intimidated with myself, because I was so small like a little kid, so childish, and because they know everything about the course.
- When I received my second semester results, it struck me out that I told myself, its the time for me to do really well in my upcoming semesters!
What happen next?
- I told myself, stop being such a crybaby and keep up the pace of to do well with my studies. I'm trying my best to understand in every subjects.
- Trying to understand, what is retail?
- Mingling with the classmates.
- Honestly, I enjoy any subjects related to calculations more than reading subjects - especially managerial economics, statistics, retail finance, retail merchandising.
- I start to love my course because there are many wonderful things in that course.
- We get to open our mini stall to be an entrepreneur at our faculty. So, we get the chance for the one whole semester to sell food and beverages to the students and lecturers. As it is part of our subjects.
- One of the best thing to be part of retail student is that you get the chance to go for numerous site visit/trips. We managed to go to Yakult Factory! Yay! Because I ❤ Yakult! There are many factory and places that we get to visit. I enjoy it very much! - But of course, you need to prepare a reports for every trips.
- Oh! My favourite is that we get to do our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) at Sunway Wildlife Park! It was a great experience, especially the part that I have to feed the snakes ._.
- I think the most difficult times that I need to face is to complete my thesis and to do viva. It was scary during viva, got bombarded by the advisor and second examiner but the result that I received has definitely paid off all the efforts. Never in my mind to receive a 4 flat. That was the first time and it was bittersweet moment of my last semester.
Frankly, I pass my degree with a good result - Alhamdulillah. Anyway, this is my experience in a nutshell. I'm not really get into details of my experience because I'm afraid, it will get way to long.
If any of you, want to know more about retail management course, please do not hesitate to ask me. I might doing another post about Retail Management with your questions. Ask me anything.
What about you? What kind of struggles that you encounter during your study years?